Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE:ENV) is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
- Join a team creating original developer content and code samples for the Envestnet | Yodlee Developer Portal. Help deliver valued documentation to customers and partners. Drive Release Notes aggregation. Create and present webinars, blog posts, tech notes of interest and value to cross industries companies. Partner with field teams and software engineering to report bugs and track their successful elimination. Identify and refresh outdates content on the portal.
- Become familiar with the developer aspects of the Envestnet platform API with a focus on the Yodlee needs at the DevX Center of Excellence level. Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation needs.
- Become a valued member of a team of technical content producers and writers who work collaboratively with developers, product managers, legal, engineering teams and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
- Create webinars, tutorials, white papers, blog posts and tech notes as directed, to help third party developers implement a variety of Envestnet platform-based applications.
- Curate our Github presence by structuring and publishing content in an updated, accurate and easy to follow format.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Produce high quality documentation that guides third party developers and contributes to the overall success of our products.
- Create and validate tech documentations (online/static) for partners and customers.
- Coordinate with product documentation team across Envestnet DevX Center of Excellence to deliver consistent and complementary API tech documentation.
- Bachelors degree in Science (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical writer or tech support or tech blogger.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and visuals.
- Knowledge of API generic documentation and API reference type documentation.
- A definite plus if you also have a track record of delivering high quality content and code examples paying attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and patience to collect the necessary content for creating the best documentation for our developers’ community.
- Good control of Github, Codepen or other similar developers preferred tools (and maybe some samples to share!)
- Experience in software development, including writing code that shipped or can be referenced.
- Implementation experience or keen understanding with software security principles and products.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.