Neon is a serverless implementation of PostgreSQL. It’s an auto-scaling, on-demand database as a service for modern applications, making it a credible open-source alternative to Amazon Aurora. Neon’s key innovation is separation of storage and compute which makes Postgres cloud native and serverless. We are about to launch our cutting-edge product.
- We are distributed team of 30 people working from North America, Europe, and the Middle East
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals
- We have experienced Postgres committers and hackers (Heikki, Peter, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias) on the team. Looking to hire more
- Techie co-founders: Heikki and Stas Postgres hackers themselves
- CEO is an experienced entrepreneur and Partner at Khosla Ventures. He co-founded SingleStore (MemSQL) and scaled it from 0 to $40m in ARR. Holds Ph.D. in CS, several patents, and was a world medalist in ACM programming contests.
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during offsites (the last one in Mexico)
- We're on a mission to create a cloud-native database service for every developer
- We are redefining market category: building 'Snowflake' for Postgres, next 'HashiCorp'
- We create next big thing in the database world: a jamstack oriented company
- We are open source, a multi-cloud alternative to AWS Aurora
- We are a database as a service company
- You can explore our website: click this link for a limited preview
- We are open source: check our repository on GH
- We are building a solid community around our product: Jono Bacon is advising us
- We create partnerships (Vercel, Netlify, Prisma, Hasura, etc.) instead of going against the ecosystem
- Top-tier investors voted for our vision with their dollars:
- Leigh Marie Braswell (Founders Fund, former pm & early eng at scale.ai) and Quentin Clark (Managing Director at General Catalyst, former CTO of Dropbox and CVP at Microsoft) are on our Board