Come join us in educating developers to use the APIs, services, tools, and code samples in the Alexa Skills Kit and build world-class voice experiences! We are looking for an outstanding programming writer to create and deliver technical documentation for people who are building Alexa skills and connected devices.
To be successful in this role, you will be a first user of the technology, putting yourself in the developer's shoes and understanding what the developer needs to achieve. You demonstrate excellent writing skills, communicating complex ideas clearly and concisely. You are comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and are a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for excellent documentation.
· Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Learning Technology, or related field
· 3+ years of experience writing documentation for a developer audience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
· A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
· Expertise with markdown, HTML, CSS, and static site generators
· Experience with writing in a structured authoring environment and using distributed source control
· Experience writing device hardware documentation
· Experience writing for an international audience
· Aptitude for creating, maintaining, and adhering to style guides and standard processes.
· Ability to conceptualize technical and functional content into something creative that developers enjoy consuming
· Obsessive about technical accuracy
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age