Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical publications for Amazon Web Services products? Do you have the software development/deep technical background necessary to maintain Amazon as the premier player in cloud computing and web services technology?
As a Technical Writer on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Storage Services Documentation team, you will have the exciting opportunity work with a stellar technical team to produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to be a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is to support the vibrant developer community that uses the AWS products. To enable this, the technical publications team plays a vital role in getting out customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to follow.
The ideal candidates have both a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
· Drive the development of product documentation for Amazon Storage Services, such as Amazon S3
· Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for AWS products
· Write or manipulate samples to support documentation
· Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form
· Help define writing projects
· Help assess market feedback on adoption of our services
· Degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field highly
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience blogging or creating websites
· A understanding of the software development (SDLC)
· Experience in a technical writing role
· Experience designing and delivering developer-oriented documentation
· Experienced using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manipulate output styles
· Experience with XML-based publishing systems
· Experience working directly with development teams
· An understanding of Amazon S3 or other storage-related technologies
· Previous experience working in an agile environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Learn more about us at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/aws-documentation