As a Technical Writer, you will help write and maintain the primary documentation and learning resources for users of our products, including an extensive GraphQL API and low-code tools.
Our documentation should make our product easy to use, be of quality and instill trust.
We’re looking for someone who’s not only detail-oriented but also capable of transforming technical documentation into something fun and exciting for the developer community.
- Document new products, features, and APIs
- Own the evolution of our GraphQL API schema for consistency and developer experience
- Create standards, guidelines, and best practices to be able to scale our documentation
- Create a long-term content strategy
- Organise all technical documentation including our learning resources
- Deliver technical documentation that is not only clear and accurate but also brings a sense of excitement to our users
- Communicate and collaborate with other functional teams such as our growth team to ensure a smooth user experience
- Proficient in writing technical documentation for software in a clear and concise way
- Strong experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Excited to solve problems for developers, builders, and SME startups
- A great communicator, curious, creative, resourceful, and efficient
- Thoughtful and friendly when writing, has impeccable grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading skills
- Able to gather information from multiple team members in order to write the docs
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience writing about Go, Node, or other backend languages
- Familiarity with modern web services and general developer tools such as Git.
WHY JOIN CARTED
We are a well-funded, fast-growing startup with people around the globe. You will have autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours.
Worklife balance - We believe in a healthy and happy you, and a huge part of that is work/life balance. We focus on output rather than hours of working.
Holiday! - Holiday is called holiday at Carted and NEVER ‘annual leave’. Holiday is your time and we want you to enjoy it. We offer a generous amount of time off! No one is rewarded at Carted for spending time in the office, so do not ever feel like you can’t take time off. It should help you achieve better results in the long term.
Carter leave - There are some days where you just need to take some time for yourself to rest and recharge. On top of our holiday leave we also give you Carter days, where you can take some time and put your wellbeing first.
Diversity - We’re dedicated to hiring diverse talent, and we ensure that we treat you with respect and support once you join Carted. We embrace diversity and strive to create conditions that provide everyone with an equal opportunity to thrive.
Transparency — We won't always get it right. When we get it wrong, we'll admit and learn why. We default to working in the open, allowing everyone to understand context and contribute. We’re open about both our strengths and weaknesses.
Training and Development - We want to invest in your personal and professional development so we provide an allowance for you to up-skill and further your knowledge.
Annual budget to fly around the world to work with other Carters! We provide you with a budget per year for you to travel to any city where a Carter is located.
A team of smart individuals - We bring people in who will raise the bar. We foster an environment that is constantly learning and trying new things. Carted is a place that is safe to fail and try again. We promise that passion and energy will never be lost in what we do.
We like to learn quickly, do things differently and most importantly... have fun! 🎉