Cryptography is an integral aspect of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform. If you are passionate about protecting data at rest or in transit, and you want to learn and explain how the AWS Cryptography services work, then this job is for you. The AWS documentation team is looking for someone with the technical background and communication capabilities to help customers deploy, use, and maintain these industry-leading services. Are you that person?
As a Technical Writer on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cryptography team, you'll work with a distributed group of program managers and developers to produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace. A key measures of success is supporting the vibrant developer community that uses the AWS products. To enable this, the technical publications team plays a vital role in getting customers up and running, while also ensuring the product details are described clearly and easy to follow.
Ideal candidates will have both a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
· Drive the development of product documentation for AWS Cryptography services, such as CloudHSM or AWS Certificate Manager
· Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for AWS products
· Engage the AWS service team partners on matters of schedule, completeness, and accuracy, when creating the documentation.
· Write or manipulate samples to support documentation
· Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form
· Help define writing projects
· Help assess market feedback on adoption of our services
· A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role
· Proven experience designing and delivering developer-oriented documentation
· Experienced using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manipulate output styles
· Experience with XML-based publishing systems
· Experience working directly with development teams
· Degree in English, Technical Writing, or related field highly desirable
· Strong grammar skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
· A basic understanding of cryptography, certificates, and encryption technologies
· Previous experience working in an agile environment a plus
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· A proactive mindset for resolving problems and delivering results
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Basic functional knowledge of Cryptography or security applications or services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Learn more about us here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/aws-documentation