The Genesys Information Experience (technical documentation) organization seeks a quality- and customer-focused, self-motivated, innovative, and imaginative writer of technical documentation for a full-time position at its office in Durham or in Indianapolis. The successful candidate will perform a range of tasks, including project management, coordination with cross-functional teams, and content development for the Genesys PureCloud product. You will join a small team with both local and remote members, and the final output of your work will appear on the PureCloud Resource Center (https://help.mypurecloud.com/).
- Write technical documentation at the highest level of quality and in keeping with the demands of a fast-paced AWS cloud environment.
- Arrive at solutions to problems and move processes forward as a regular part of work among cross-functional colleagues.
- Act as a customer advocate in oversight of content production and delivery—ensure the content meets the needs of customers and is highly available to them.
- Seek ways to improve documentation processes and content, and to simplify the customer interaction with the product suite. Adopt new technologies and processes that increase the quality and delivery of the documentation overseen.
- Act as a vocal and productive member of a global team: collaborate with documentation managers and the director of technical publications for the Genesys Product organization.
- Over two years of experience producing technical content for a technical audience.
- Familiarity with online content production (WordPress, wiki markup, and HTML).
- Familiarity with professional technical writing tools and standard graphics tools.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Must be self-directed and comfortable working autonomously in a global organization.