Canva is an online graphic design platform that creates tools that empower the world to design. Since launching in August 2013, Canva has acquired more than 100 million users, over 700 million uploaded images and 1 billion designs. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the App Store Team
- The App Store’s mission is to deliver a developer platform where our customers can customise their Canva experience to help them accomplish their jobs to be done. We do this by delivering a platform where Apps can be built and installed into Canva.
- You’ll be the technical writer behind our developer portal product, where developers learn about our API offering and the opportunities available to build on our platform.
- You’ll be working alongside the engineers, PMs and designers who build the App Store. You’ll also be working with our wider Canva Content and Design School Teams, crafting our messaging.
- Use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft copy that helps developers to learn about and explore available APIs. This will include both long form content, such as tutorials, as well as highly technical documentation for API contracts.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, support content writers and our customer happiness team to ensure developer needs are met through various tools such as our product help, the Canva Assistant.
- Optimize developer documentation messaging, and create new messaging in line with product changes.
- Use a clear tone for developer documentation messaging that’s in line with the Canva voice.
- You’re a writer first and foremost: you love to write product copy that’s clear and human, you’re meticulous about punctuation and grammar, and you have a knack for tone of voice.
- You have 5+ years of experience writing for online experiences (software, digital agencies, journalism, etc).
- You have incredible writing skills and an impressive technical writing portfolio.
- You know how to share your vision and expertise with people from various backgrounds and disciplines, and you’re great at getting buy-in.
- You’re comfortable working in a highly technical environment, bonus points if you’ve written code.
- You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver.
- You take initiative and you’re comfortable giving constructive feedback.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, speak up and dig-deeper until you’re confident you understand an issue well.
What you will achieve in the first 3-6 months
- Goal #1 – Design and implement an information architecture system for developer documentation.
- Goal #2 – Work with the App Store team to create tutorials and API documentation for consumption by third-party (non-Canva) developers.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the #1 ranked Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a Force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered