NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
We are building the applications to help millions of our dedicated users do more with their NGINX servers, and we are currently searching for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team in San Francisco. You will have a major hand in the creation and development of online documentation for our new control plane applications. Our control plane products make it easy for customers to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their applications.
If you are looking for a team where you can apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience to develop customer-facing content for applications, internal documentation, and online articles, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Build and maintain user documentation for NGINX Controller, third-party integrations, and open source projects by using docs like code methodologies
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and user experience teams to identify deliverables
- Prioritize time and needs to meet goals, roadmap timelines, and production deadlines
- Participate in the continuous delivery of releases using a lean, agile process
- A passion for creating great documentation
- Experience developing docs like code
- Familiarity with static site generators (Hugo and Sphinx preferred)
- Experience writing in lightweight markup languages (Markdown, reStructuredText).
- Experience using Unix-like systems and comfort using the command line
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Familiarity with the concepts of structured authoring and content reuse
- Knowledge of agile software development principles
- Previous experience writing documentation for an enterprise software company, and/or products around infrastructure, IT operations, DevOps, or developer tools
- Experience using ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Familiarity with and understanding of automated build pipelines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver content on-deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Highly technical or computer literate – coding skills aren’t required, but an understanding of enterprise software, as well as a conceptual understanding of software and the people who use it, are
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent experience
- Excellent written English skills