Security is the #1 concern of customers adopting the cloud, and AWS Cryptography's mission is to relentlessly raise the bar on both security and ease of use for our customers. Would you like to own the production of high-quality technical publications for our team, empowering customers to harness our services, tools and software to quickly and confidently move their sensitive workloads to the AWS cloud?
Can you learn new technologies quickly, and break complicated ideas down into smaller, easy-to-understand thoughts? Do you thrive on interacting with software developers and customers to create intuitive documentation and implementation guides? Do you have the deep technical background and fearless curiosity to deliver reliable documentation for a rapidly expanding service? You bring the can-do attitude and track record for thinking big and delivering. We'll teach you the cryptography.
The AWS CloudHSM team is looking for an experienced technical writer to work with on our service and SDK documentation. The position is flexible across Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA, with remote work flexibility once you are ramped up. You will create and deliver documentation, tutorials, and code samples for CloudHSM. Your documentation will help developers implement secure, available, high-performing workloads for encryption, signing and authentication in the AWS cloud. Your guides will demonstrate why customers should trust every aspect of the service, show AWS users how to get started with our service and tools, explain key [no pun intended] concepts, and provide task-oriented procedures for development and deployment.
As a Programmer Writer at AWS, you will work directly with subject matter experts to drive the development and maintenance of customer-facing content, user guides, API reference pages, tutorials, and code samples. The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical content, drive documentation planning, and collaborate with software engineers, product managers, and technical program managers.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is how well we support the vibrant developer community that consumes the AWS products. Our technical publications team plays a vital role in getting customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
· Create and drive a documentation plan in coordination with the product manager and engineering teams in consultation with peer technical writers.
· Help define writing projects and determine priorities.
· As an integral part of our team, produce high-quality documentation including conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for AWS CloudHSM and AWS Cryptography at large
· Write or manipulate samples to support documentation
· Reorganize and update current documentation based on customer feedback
· Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form.
* For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com *
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability/ Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· A minimum of 3 years as a technical writer in a relevant field.
· Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field.
· Proven experience designing, planning, and delivering developer-oriented/system admin documentation.
· Ability to write example code in at least one programming language, such as Java, C or Go.
· Experience using documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
· Experience working directly with development teams.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience using and following a style guide.
· Experience working with XML-based publishing systems.
· Experience with cloud computing, Web Services, IaaS, PaaS, or related areas is a plus.
· Experience working with agile project management methodologies is a plus.
· Experience working with GitHub is a plus.
· Experience writing API reference documentation is a plus.
· Experience documenting cryptographic tools is helpful, but not required.