Canva is an online graphic design platform that creates tools that empower the world to design. Since launching in August 2013, Canva has acquired more than 100 million users, over 700 million uploaded images and 1 billion designs. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the role
- You’ll be working closely with the Partnership team, Enterprise, the Canva button, and Canva App Store team to deliver a developer platform where our customers can customise their Canva experience to help them accomplish their jobs to be done.
- You’ll be the technical writer behind our developer portal product, where developers learn about our API offering and the opportunities available to build on our platform.
- You’ll be working alongside the engineers, PMs and designers who build these products
- You’ll also be working with our wider Canva Content and Design School Teams, crafting our messaging
- Use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft copy that helps developers to learn about and explore available APIs. This will include both long form content, such as tutorials, as well as highly technical documentation for API contracts.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, support content writers and our customer happiness team to ensure developer needs are met through various tools such as our product help, the Canva Assistant.
- Optimize developer documentation messaging, and create new messaging in line with product changes.
- Use a clear tone for developer documentation messaging that’s in line with the Canva voice.
- You’re a writer first and foremost: you love to write product copy that’s clear and human, you’re meticulous about punctuation and grammar, and you have a knack for tone of voice.
- You have experience writing for software, digital agencies, journalism, creating tutorials and API documentation for consumption by third-party (non-Canva) developers.
- You have incredible writing skills and an impressive technical writing portfolio.
- You know how to share your vision and expertise with people from various backgrounds and disciplines, and you’re great at getting buy-in.
- You’re comfortable working in a highly technical environment, bonus points if you’ve written code.
- You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver.
- You take initiative and you’re comfortable giving constructive feedback.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, speak up and dig-deeper until you’re confident you understand an issue well.