Do you want to help users of great SaaS products that are used and loved by millions of people around the world? Whether they’re newbies or experts, we want them to have the information they need to accomplish their goals. Our knowledge bases are used by hundreds of thousands of users monthly.
Our current knowledge bases need to be refreshed both in structure (navigation, visual style consistency, content organization) and in the content (approximative language, often old, lots of fluff, mixed topics). This is a great time to join us and be able to have a big impact by starting putting in place new processes, new styles, new guidelines, and of course, new content.
We currently have one junior writer that you will take under your wing to help her grow as a technical writer.
Links to our 3 help centers: Awesome Table, Yet Another Mail Merge, Form Publisher
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit interface copy and online documentation for several products
- Work closely with product leads to define documentation requirements, and help put in place the processes for UX writing and documentation writing with the product team.
- Adapt voice, tone and brand personality for different audiences and channels
- Coordinate reviews, verification, and validation of product documentation
- Ensure continuity of style of content
- Identify customer needs and gaps in our content
- Maintain a publication calendar
- Help promote company-wide knowledge sharing practices
- Create and update video tutorials
- Create, analyse and report on visit and satisfaction KPIs
- Are a native English speaker
- Are a great communicator, excelling at written communication
- Can synthesize complicated topics or processes to make them understandable by anyone
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Understand that words are a crucial part of an interface, you like and are good at naming things
- Are self starter, capable of working with a high level of autonomy and at the same time be a team player
- Are interested in owning topics, taking responsibility and shaping the future of a new, growing department.
- Understand that good documentation is marketing
- Ideally, you even have management experience, but that is not required
- Experience: At least 8 years experience writing technical documentation for software products
- Writing: You enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
- Project management: You are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way.
- Tools: Good knowledge of G Suite tools, in particular Google Sheets. Experience with a documentation management toolset a plus
- Video: Experience creating and updating video content (Camtasia, QuickTime, etc.)
- Code: Experience with basic html and css, basic scripting a big plus but not a requirement
- Good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 25 days of vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. Please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Give us an example of online product documentations that are particularly well done and explain why
- Share some content that you have written yourself
- If you have some, share some video tutorials you’ve made
- What’s inspired you lately? Why would you like to work with us?
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
We’ll let you know that we’ve received your application and what the next steps are. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. AwesomeTable is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.