ActiveViam is a global leader in Big Data analytics platforms and Fintech, with offices in London, Paris, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. Our ActivePivot product provides clients with cutting-edge technology (in-memory) that allows them to respond to real-time data analytics needs, where analytics serve operational decision-making. Our clients are among the foremost financial institutions including global investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, CCPs, and exchange houses.
Our solution is deployed for a wide range of use cases (Front Office, Market Risk, Counterparty Risk, Liquidity Risk, Collateral Optimisation) and regulatory issues such as FRTB.
We’re looking for an experienced contract Technical Writer to provide maternity cover for 12 months and join an established documentation team supporting our Fintech activities.
At ActiveViam, you will be able to put your technical experience and creative thinking to good use documenting our software solutions. As part of this you will:
- Provide attractive and accurate documentation describing the use cases and technical features of the ActiveViam platform with sufficient detail to satisfy a range of readers, from business users through to software developers and DevOps staff.
- Play key roles within agile product development teams; from editing functional specifications through to maintaining content quality & discoverability.
- Work closely with the globally distributed R&D, Professional Services and Business Development teams, take on feedback readily and iterate quickly.
- Contribute to the design and preparation of training courses, presentations, whitepapers and other collateral to support business development activities.
- At least two years’ technical writing experience documenting complex software for developers and end-users, across a range of content types.
- Demonstrable ability to read code and work independently to generate documentation.
- A solid history creating modular online documentation in multiple output formats such as HTML, context-sensitive help, and PDF.
- Fluent writer, able to grasp technical concepts and articulate them in clear, concise English.
- Steeped in technical writing best practices and awareness of tools and trends that our documentation could benefit from.
- Proactive and capable of managing conflicting priorities and organising your own time.
- Good design sense and understanding of UX.
- Interested in financial markets and Fintech.
The successful candidate will have some software development background and be able to work independently and confidently with the tools and workflows listed here:
- Proven experience of using MadCap Flare (or similar XML editors), Markdown, and static-site generators (like Hugo) to produce documentation in both online and printed formats.
- Comfortable with the docs-as-code approach in a Java / Python environment.
- Familiar with GitHub.
- Proficient in standard office software; Microsoft Office and G Suite.
We have big goals. If you are a tech-savvy, innovative thinker, you will feel valued within our enthusiastic team and growing business structure where you can explore and develop your technical skills.
If this appeals to you, we're looking forward to your application.