Senior Technical Writer
Note: While this role is listed as contract, we are open to full-time employment.
$100k – $120k • 0.03% – 0.07%
From remote working to DEI initiatives, 2020 has been a year of transformation in the workplace — but the changes have only just begun. At ChartHop, we strive to create better workplaces through transparency and data driven decisioning — and we’re looking for skilled and motivated people to join our team.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will partner with our product and commercial teams to create product documentation that will enable our internal teams, partners and end users to maximize the value created by the ChartHop platform. You will manage the entire product content lifecycle from planning to sunset. This role will report to the VP of User Experience.
- Plan, produce, edit and maintain effective documentation — including guides for users, onboarding, integration, API, and training materials, FAQs, Knowledge Base articles and UI copy, for both internal and external, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Define and operationalize product content processes and systems.
- Define and maintain authoring guidelines for documentation aligned to our overall brand tone of voice..
- Collect and analyze performance data of content, content systems and processes.
- Set and achieve targets based on KPIs such as customer delight and operational savings.
- Define and execute documentation best practices for localization readiness.
- Create & maintain other learning aids such as video, product tours, app cues and demos, as needed.
- Facilitate and support product training and enablement, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (writing, content management, teaching) — creating and managing content for complex software products.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with a desire to work with subject matter experts around the team.
- Ability to translate highly technical and complex concepts into simple instructions for the end user.
Writing samples are required for consideration. Please send them to email@example.com.
We are based in NYC, but open to remote applicants.