The Documentation Content Architect will be an experienced leader and technical content strategist who is passionate about managing writers and collaborating cross-functionally within a fast-paced technical support organization. They will coordinate specifications, guidelines and strategy with engineering teams and be the primary point of representation for a federated guild of technical writers within the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Organize and develop guidelines and strategy for our docs, pulling content from disparate teams into a cohesive narrative.
- Provide specifications and product expertise to a small engineering team that builds our in-house documentation platform.
- Coordinating content initiatives across multiple teams, working directly with technical leads, engineers, and writers.
- Influence company strategy on how to automatically build documentation from our source code.
- Own the onboarding content for learning our technology and products.
- Develop repeatable templates to unify our documentation and migrate existing content to those specifications.
- Create and monitor key performance indicators that define our documentation’s success.
- Align with product and marketing leadership to match our content strategy to upcoming releases.
What You Bring Along:
- Previous experience leading a documentation team for a large technology product.
- Working experience with documentation tooling and syntax, specifically around automated tooling and standards such as OpenAPI / Swagger.
- Comfortable around code, and writing documentation for other engineers.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of documentation systems and syntax (Sphinx, Asciidoc, Markdown, rST...etc)
- A video production and education background.
Additional information - we take care of our people:
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.