Developer Experience is a new initiative within our product team that reimagines how engineers and internal staff learns about the workings of Platform.sh. To lead the development of our reimagined documentation platform we're looking for someone passionate about creating a holistic and joyful experience for our internal as well as our external technical documentation. Primarily our product documentation but also other learning materials such as guides, videos, LMS (Learning Management System) content and technical diagrams.
You'll develop a deep understanding of the platform infrastructure and work directly with our product, design and engineering leadership to define the future of all our learning and education efforts at Platform.sh.
This position is part of our Product team and reports directly to the Director of Product, Developer Experience.
- You will partner with engineers, other technical writers and product managers to write, review, edit new and existing documentation and internal playbook to make them great!
- Organize and develop guidelines and a new strategy and architecture for our external and internal docs
- Complete a comprehensive inventory and audit of existing content based on new strategies
- Develop repeatable templates and processes so that everyone can more easily contribute to documentation
- Create and monitor key performance indicators that define our documentation and education materials success and effectiveness, making constant improvements based on data
- Work collaboratively with product, design, and marketing teams to support product goals, improve UX of our materials, and increase ease of product adoption
- Partner with customer facing teams to gather customer insights and utilize their feedback on our documentation
- 7+ years of technical writing for developer-facing documentation, training or education learning materials
- Experience in information architecture and content strategy
- Experience driving projects end-to-end independently, including evaluating, defining and improving processes
- You have an insatiable curiosity and desire to learn and make things more understandable to others
- Comfortable around code, and writing documentation for engineers
- Experience treating docs like code, using a git workflow
- Able to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Experience creating education content beyond docs, incorporating learning best practices, brand voice and style guidelines
- Have strong user empathy
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Platform.sh is the end-to-end PaaS that enables you to build, run, and scale websites and apps in the languages and frameworks your teams need to innovate. We've created the leading end-to-end web platform that scales as your organization grows. Whether you're building a single site in one city or deploying and managing a fleet of sites worldwide, Platform.sh takes care of multi-cloud hosting, management, and operations, so you can focus on development with our included tools, APIs and workflows. Platform.sh is trusted by 5000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.