About the Role:
In the role of Technical Writer, you will be responsible for all customer-facing help content as well as some operational content for internal users. The role is part QA, part developer, part customer advocate, part problem solver, part cat-herder, but in all cases fully ready to help with anything involving content.
This role is based remotely in the USA.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely in a fast paced and highly fluid environment with product owners, engineers, data scientists, designers, solutions consultants, and stakeholders throughout the company to create and improve product related documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date technical and API documentation, release notes, and internal company documentation.
- Champion the developer experience. Be the voice of the customer and ensure that we’re providing clear and easy to understand documentation that covers all technical aspects of our products.
- Assess existing documentation to proactively identify and address gaps.
- Provide input on product design, workflows, and user interface text.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Writer (or equivalent)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience documenting APIs and SDKs
- A firm (but not inflexible) grasp of grammar
- B2B SaaS product experience
- Experience in Fraud and Identity Management
- Experience maintaining large documentation sets
- Familiarity with docs-as-code workflows
- Familiarity with the following tools and technologies:
- Static site generators
- OpenAPI, Redoc
- Git workflows
- Command-line interface (CLI)
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.