As a Technical Writer at Ubi MTL, you create and maintain understandable, usable documentation about our in-house game production pipeline, Anvil.
Not only do you have a thorough grasp of the subject matter you’re communicating but you also have a deep understanding of your audience: programmers and other highly technical, advanced users.
You anticipate and provide the information they need, plus define how to go about best diffusing it across the company.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with production teams to discuss the technologies and workflows to be documented.
- Write, format, and edit various forms of documentation (standard operating procedures, APIs, etc.) + add supporting graphics.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing throughout our studios & help colleagues put together accurate well-written communications.
- Partner with content specialists to define documentation standards and best practices.
- Participate in assessing and proposing software and methods to continuously improve our documentation processes.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of writing experience or other relevant experience (documenting engine architecture, products, SDKs, APIs, or processes a huge plus)
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into clear, comprehensive, developer-focused documentation
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented spirit
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a whole lot of flexibility
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach writing samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)