We have always prioritized excellent documentation, which we consider to be crucial to the success of our open-source project. Our developer documentation alone has over 150K words of content for contributors!
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to help organize, extend and improve our Help Center, API and developer documentation.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours.
We'd especially like to get to know you if:
- You have empathy for users of our product, and are able to predict and address their questions and points of confusion.
- You have excellent attention to detail. Instructions you write are clear, well-tested, and thoughtfully organized.
- You are able to follow and propose improvements to writing style guidelines; there are no typos or broken links.
- You are comfortable with using Git to preview new product features and contribute documentation updates, or are happy to learn.
- You have expertise working with Markdown, Sphinx/ReadTheDocs, and/or OpenAPI.
- You communicate with clarity and precision to explain your changes and why they are the right change, and are comfortable in a global distributed work environment
- Work closely with engineers from all over the world to create polished English documentation for new product features and feature updates contributed by our development community, many of whom are not native English speakers.
- Extend our Help Center documentation to explain mobile app workflows.
- Extend our style guide to help developers document the features they build effectively.
- Think carefully about how to keep our documentation clear and organized, and restructure it as needed.