As a Technical Writer at Upbound, you will own the end to end experience users have with Upbound documentation for every one of our products. Well written and easy to understand product documentation, along with supporting content, helps potential customers, users, and existing customers simplify the navigation through our product suite. The Technical Writer will craft exceptional technical documentation including user manuals, message standards, technical specs, quick reference guides, first run experience walk throughs and more. Our ambition is to delight our users by providing clean, clear, and crisp references throughout their experience with Upbound products.
In this role, you will...
- Own all of Upbound’s technical documentation including docs.upbound.com, tutorials, and GitHub READMEs
- Work with Upbound’s product team to optimize documentation for Upbound account creation
- Understand Upbound’s product funnels, and brainstorm and implement changes to documentation which make a material impact to the business
- Author and edit documentation in markdown
- Use git to check-in and deploy documentation to production
You are a good fit if you have...
- Excellent writing abilities and a passion for technical communications
- Experience working with and in the cloud-native community
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and the people who use them
- Ability to create content using Markdown
- Experience with git workflows and using GitHub’s PR feature
- Ability to make small styling changes to static websites using CSS and HTML
- Ability to learn how Crossplane works and how to operate it proficiently, but they won’t need to learn how to create Providers/Configurations from scratch
It’s a plus if you have...
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Crossplane
- Experience using graphic design software creating diagrams and simple illustrations which enhance your content