Corunet is a Spain-based software development company working with Forbes 500s that is looking for talented people to join our rapidly growing tech writing team.
We work remote although our offices are always open for you to come by.
We base our work in three principles: internal communication, overdeliver, and methodical doubt.
What we need
As a Technical Writer, you’ll be responsible for creating useful content for our community of developers both inside and outside the company. You'll partner with development teams to create product documentation that will enable autonomy to our internal teams and users while reducing support.
Our documentation is essential to the developer experience, and we care deeply about usability and productivity. We’re seeking someone with a strong technical foundation, astute writing ability, user empathy and a sense of curiosity to understand the products we develop.
What you’ll do
- Produce technically accurate and well-written technical content (product documentation, admin guides, API docs, technical specifications, etc.), conducting regular technical reviews to ensure quality and accuracy
- Enhance existing and new documentation while adhering to best practices for style, format, graphics, and workflow.
- Organize documentation, make it easily discoverable and maintainable.
- Conduct content audits to identify gaps in the existing knowledge base content.
- Research new and complex product features and dig into source code to collect technical details for documentation as needed
- Understand the audience that will be using the content being produced, for example: end-users, system integrators, IA employees, etc.
- Communicate professionally and technically with Software Engineering and other internal subject-matter experts
- Collaborate in creating and improving the corporate's tech writing guidelines and initiatives, driving standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Stay current with new technologies and practices in technical communications
- 2+ years technical writing experience in the software industry. Either as part of a tech writing team or as a solo documentarian
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey highly-technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Strong critical reading, writing and editing fundamentals
- Passion for creating high quality documentation - deployment guides, onboarding tutorials, use case examples, best practices guides, etc - from scratch that enable customer success
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and key stakeholders (e.g., developers, product managers, support teams) to develop and curate user-facing documentation for multiple products
- Independent and self-driven with the ability to prioritize, multitask and own projects from end-to-end
- Working knowledge of source control (especially Git) and Asciidocs/Markdown authoring systems
- Fluent in Spanish. Spain-based or ability to work in Spain (e.g.: as a freelance)
Nice to have
- Experience in DevOps, distributed systems, and modern cloud infrastructure