Are you passionate about explaining complicated concepts in a simple manner? Would you be excited to join a fast growing SaaS company where you will get to build out the technical writing function? HR Acuity is seeking to hire it's first Technical Writer and join the Product Team. You will be responsible for writing and delivering clear and concise technical product documentation for both internal and external audiences.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating and writing various types of user documentation, easy-to-understand API references, integration guides, data flow and message sequence diagrams. You’ll also help consolidate, organize, and improve existing documentation.
- Writing and editing help systems and other technical documents.
- Documenting the specifications, design, features, and operation of applications.
- Interviewing product managers and engineers to ensure accuracy of information presented.
- Expertly writing product documentation for new or enhanced features and functionality.
- Create product literature that highlights our solutions and helps the consumer to easily. understand how they would benefit from them.
- Copy-edit, proofread, and revise various communications for customers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience writing user/training guides or similar technical communication.
- Experience in the technology industry, SaaS.
- Advanced technical writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) development environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for distilling information from cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Experience writing and structuring API documentation and integration guides for customers and partners.
- Web publishing experience to maintain a Developer Portal is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a broad group of people, including software developers, product managers, business stakeholders, and third-party partners.
- Dedication to solving problems and sharing solutions.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Passion for quality documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English Engineering or a related field, or relevant experience in the field of technical communications.
Location: We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ. Open to remote candidates. Flexibility to work in the East Coast time zone.
HR Acuity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our team. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.