We're looking for a versatile Senior Technical Writer to join the Privacera docs team to create high-quality documentation for Privacera security and governance products and solutions. Your work is going to shape how our customer administrators, app developers, and end users perform activities throughout the deployment lifecycle using the Privacera platform.
- Are a self-motivated worker that thrives on working closely with agile development teams and product managers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs.
- Doggedly pursue the information that your customers need to be successful.
- Possess a genuine desire to learn new things daily and to translate complex topics into language that's accessible to end users.
- Are able to discuss technical details and demonstrate your technical knowledge every day and collaborate with others to build shared content.
- Have a passion for meticulous writing, editing, spelling, grammar, and formatting.
- Write user documentation for Privacera products under active development.
- Write for a SaaS delivery model with frequent updates to the documentation and prescriptive guidance that helps customers succeed quickly.
- Discuss technical details and tackle problems with engineers, customer support reps, field engineers, and customers every day.
- Help define Privacera’s content standards and work with product teams to provide the best possible documentation.
- Respond directly to user feedback and integrate user suggestions to continuously improve your documentation.
- Develop a holistic understanding of how customers use our software and help them to complete their tasks quickly and accurately.
- Work collaboratively and closely across product team to ensure consistent and cohesive content, style, and messaging
- 5-10+ years of experience. Experience must include documenting highly technical products, and ideally includes some programming experience.
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Experience writing documentation with a strong customer focus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with source control (preferably Git) and content management systems.
- Portfolio that includes samples showing your ability to write for a technical audience, especially:
- Documentation for APIs and SDKs.
- Documentation for software running on public cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), containers, and virtual machines.
Applicants only; no recruiters please.