Technical Writer - n8n.io
n8n is a low-code workflow automation tool that allows you to connect different services together with custom logic (think syncing your CRM with an internal database or allowing companies to easily build Slack bots for their products). In a world where everything is moving to the cloud, we're aiming to be the glue of the internet.
You can download n8n here, check out our existing docs here, and view our product on Github here!
We launched 1.5 years ago to a ton of interest, and things have accelerated since then:
- With 44m Docker pulls, loads of people are using our product already. There is a huge demand for what we're doing
- With 18k stars, we are in the top 800 of the 28m projects on Github
- We have a community of 23k people who love our product
VCs are really excited about this: we were Sequoia's first seed investment in Europe, and have just raised another $12m. We're using that money to grow awareness and usage even faster and accelerate monetisation.
About the role!
n8n is a company going places fast, and this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor. We're looking for a Technical Writer to own and build our technical documentation [https://docs.n8n.io/].
- Own our technical documentation to accelerate the adoption of n8n by helping people autonomously get unstuck and ensuring the easiest possible user experience
- Collect feedback from the community and analyse data to get signals on where to improve the usability of our docs
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams on upcoming features and new product launches to ensure they are well documented
- Stay up to date with best practice and trends, and implement them in our documentation
- Understand company goals and strategy and use them to prioritize workflow for the docs
- Proven experience in a technical writing role
- A product mindset: able to put yourself in users' shoes and come up with creative ways of making user journeys simpler and easier
- A strong editorial eye and attention to detail
- Fluent-level writing skills in English
- Transparency. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing — the whole shebang
- A passionate team. We love our product. We have regular office hackathons to see who can build the coolest thing with it
- We're big fans of open source, and you'll get $100 per month to give to projects you care about
- Being fair is really important to us. Equity? Of course we give you equity
Equality & Remote Policy
This role can be done remotely from anywhere within Europe. We can sponsor visas to Germany. We have a hub in Berlin and our company language is English.
n8n is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.