As the Okteto brand and team grows, we are looking for a content marketer to help take marketing efforts to the next level. This person will be responsible for driving the overall content strategy for the brand and marketing efforts, from planning to execution. They'll be working collaboratively across the company to create technical marketing content and campaigns for developers.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to grow your career and build knowledge of cloud native and modern application technologies, while also providing you a chance to use your writing expertise to share that knowledge with a growing community of developers and technologists looking to improve their skills in this area.
What you'll be doing
- Own content strategy, including ideation, creation, delivery, scheduling, and measurement of evangelism and marketing content
- Identify content, topics and process opportunities and improvements based on industry best practices and trends
- Develop and own company content programs such as content calendar, advocate contributions and more
- Stay up to date on market trends, competitor landscape and industry developments
- Create in-depth marketing and technical materials including blogs, documentation, written tutorials, infographics, ebooks and more
- Collaborate and create content in support of demand generation initiatives including marketing campaigns, email marketing, trade shows and other events, etc.
- Contribute to marketing website strategy and continuous iteration of new site content
What success looks like
- Within one month, you'll become familiar with existing marketing materials, channels, processes and programs. You will meet and begin to build relationships with the team and contributors you'll be working alongside.
- Within 3 months, you'll have created your first written contributions, scoped out initial proposals for content programs and begun helping streamline processes.
- Within 6 months, you will have played a major role in a refreshed marketing website, launched a wholistic content and campaigns calendar and are owning the companies content publishing strategy.
A good fit
- 2+ years experience in technical writing role, existing written content pieces can be provided
- A solid foundation of Cloud-native technologies, developer experience and workflows
- Shows strong project management skills who can develop organized internal program documentation and communicate work cross-functionally
- Understands developer marketing and can capture the appropriate tone and voice
- Thrives in a start-up environment and sees ambiguity as an opportunity to make a big impact on a growing company
- At least 3 working-hours overlap with US west-coast
Nice to have
- Programming experience, hands-on familiarity with git workflows and developer tools
- Experience engaging with Open Source communities
- An opportunity to join an early startup made up of people passionate about developer experience and community building.
- 100% remote from day one means we understand what it takes to foster an efficient, distributed team across international timezones.
- $1000 office equipment stipend to get you set up for work-from-home productive success.
- Unlimited PTO with 3 weeks minimum encouraged, plus a full company week off in December.
- Healthcare stipend covering 100% of the plan of your choice.
- Sponsored yearly company offsite - when we're all safely able to meet.
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for birth, adoption and foster parents.
- Competitive salary and equity