Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We seek a top-notch, senior technical editor with cloud infrastructure knowledge. As an early member of this content strategy team, you will have significant influence on content strategy in all areas, including authoring workflows, style guide development, and style governance. You will also collaborate closely with our product managers to help deliver high-quality technical and marketing content.
The ideal candidate has experience editing a wide variety of technical and marketing content, from in-depth white papers and reference architecture guides to customer newsletters, social media posts, and press releases. You are a customer advocate with a strong understanding of customer needs. You create and drive quality standards.
These are exciting times in our space—we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. At Oracle, you can have significant strategic and technical impact by helping to build innovative content from the ground up.
• Assist contributors in revising, editing, and proofreading their content
• Contribute to strategic initiatives around authoring processes and content development workflows
• Work closely with other members of the content strategy team to ensure uniformity in workflow and writing style
• Collaborate with the product management team to ensure that all content is discoverable, usable, and pleasing to the customer
• At least seven years of experience editing developer-focused documentation content deliverables
• A degree in English, Technical Communication, or significant work experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments
• Advanced grammar skills
• Developmental and copy editing skills
• Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Comfort with agile, swiftly changing, dynamic software development situations
• Ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines
• Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes
• Desire to coach both new and experienced writers
• A strong customer advocate mentality
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams
• Experience leading a significant editorial effort
• Experience using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems, such as JIRA
• Knowledge of REST principles and design
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will organize and prepare information for publication and develop publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Review technical information prepared by other staff members for clarity and content. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.