The MongoDB Docs Team
The Docs team is a group of dedicated engineers and technical writers whose mission is to educate MongoDB users and equip them to be successful. The guides, reference documentation, and sample apps we maintain are essential to everyone building an application using MongoDB. We help create great user experiences by providing outstanding documentation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in software engineering, technical writing, or developer evangelism.
- A portfolio of technical documentation, technical blogs, or other technical writing that reflects empathy for developers and a keen sense of what they need in order to be successful.
- Experience building apps that required you to think deeply about data and make extensive use of tools, APIs, or software libraries for reading, writing, or analyzing data.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success as a thoughtful leader and caring people manager.
- Manage collaboration with product teams to plan and design user guides, reference docs, and sample apps to help developers learn and use MongoDB features.
- Drive continuous improvement of the user experience across all MongoDB documentation.
- Deliver documentation in alignment with designs and on time for software releases.
- Mentor individual contributors and team leads to help them develop as professionals and as communicators. Provide guidance and support as they pursue their career objectives.
- Chart the overall direction for the docs team and the MongoDB documentation.
- Ownership: Successfully deliver excellent documentation on schedule. Continuously improve the docs user experience, especially with respect to new user experiences and other growth areas.
- Leadership: The team is engaged, enthusiastic, and aligned on current work and future direction as measured by bi-annual engagement survey data, observation, and qualitative assessment from peers and the VP of Education.
- Management: Team members advance professionally at a good pace, taking on additional responsibility effectively and with grace. Strong recruiting and expert management grow the team and continue to strengthen an already cohesive and dedicated group of individuals.