We’re looking for an experienced contract Technical Writer with doc tools experience to join an established documentation team supporting our Fintech activities initially for six months. You will play a major role in improving the continuous technical documentation flow in our cloud-based environment.
Our documentation is built in Hugo and deployed through CircleCI on a public-facing website via AWS.
At ActiveViam, you will be able to put your technical experience and creative thinking to good use documenting our software solutions, managing documentation applications and improving the build and deployment processes. Expect a 50/50 split between documentation and DocOps. As part of this you will:
- Provide attractive and accurate documentation describing the use cases and technical features of the ActiveViam platform with sufficient detail to satisfy a range of readers, from business users through to software developers and DevOps staff.
- Research and implement tools, processes and automated testing strategies for documentation.
- Play key roles within agile product development teams; from providing doc templates, training materials and reviews through to maintaining content quality & discoverability.
- Work closely with the globally distributed teams, taking on feedback readily and iterating quickly.
- Contribute to the design and preparation of video tutorials and other self-service training to support our customer education activities.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience documenting complex software for developers and end-users, across a range of content types.
- Demonstrable ability to read code (Python and Java) and work independently to generate documentation.
- A solid history creating modular online documentation in multiple output formats such as HTML, context-sensitive help, and PDF.
- Fluent writer, able to grasp technical concepts and articulate them in clear, concise English.
- Ability to automate doc processes to improve efficiency.
- Steeped in technical writing best practices and awareness of tools and trends that our documentation could benefit from.
- Proactive and capable of managing conflicting priorities and organising your own time.
- Good design sense and understanding of UX principles.
- Interested in financial markets and Fintech.
The successful candidate will have some software development background and be able to work independently and confidently with the tools and workflows listed here:
- Proven experience of using Hugo (or similar static-site generators), Markdown, and Pandoc to produce documentation in both online and printed formats.
- Comfortable with the docs-as-code approach in a Java / Python environment.
- Practical experience with GitHub and CI/CD pipelines for documentation.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, REST APIs and Web Services a plus.
- Proficient in standard office software; Microsoft Office and G Suite
We have big goals. If you are a tech-savvy, innovative thinker, you will feel valued within our enthusiastic team and growing business structure where you can explore and develop your technical skills.
We offer a hybrid or fully remote setup and welcome candidates from all European and US Eastern time zones.