Do you have an undeniable passion for the written word and nerd out over technical documentation?
Look no further. We’re looking for a talented Technical Writer to join our Learning Experience team. We’re on a mission to help our customers master communications with SendGrid. Our Knowledge Center is a critical component of our self-serve strategy and consistently averages 20% of site traffic.
We’re looking for who someone can create high-quality user-friendly documentation to help our customers get their jobs done as painlessly as possible. As a Technical Writer, you’ll create, edit, and organize technical documentation into meaningful learning ways for a variety of audiences.
Your qualifications might not check off everything on this list below, and that is ok. If you are talented, curious, and have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly in an evolving environment, we want to hear from you. We have a number of open roles on the UI-UX team and a supportive team who will help you grow.
What you’ll do
- Edit and write documentation that our customers will be happy to read and use
- Explore different learning modalities that will help our customers gain confidence in our products faster
- Lead customer research initiatives to help identify and prioritize top customer problems and ideas
- Evolve our content style guide to improve communication and foster consistency
- Partner with internal subject matter experts and key stakeholders to create documentation to support our go-to-market efforts
- Ensure the Knowledge Center is maintained and reflects our latest product launches
- Objectively analyze the effectiveness of the Knowledge Center and propose recommendations for improvement
- Confidently deploy content using Git and Gatsby
- Research and identify new technologies that can improve o processes, content, or productivity.
- Negotiate delivery timelines with multiple dependencies in a dynamic team environment while developing and maintaining a high- quality code base
- You have 5+ years experience producing technical documentation for a SaaS product
- You have experience writing API reference documentation
- You geek out about technology and love learning about new things
- You can quickly identify customer pain points and have a consistent desire to do whatever it takes to fix them
- You possess a love for grammar and punctuation and have a teacher’s heart to share with others who are not blessed with your experience and skills
- You appreciate being part of a fast-paced, constantly iterative, and agile environment
- You have a relentless passion for creating industry-leading products and the highest quality customer experience
- You have a fastidious eye for attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy
- You can be persuasive and bring others to your point of view using logic, data, and emotion
- You are accountable and are willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your own choices, behaviors, and actions
- You are self-motivated and do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- You are focused and goal driven
- You are collaborative and possess a keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions