Lightspeed’s Content and Documentation Writer position is at the heart of making sure our customers are knowledgeable about Lightspeed’s software and become active and highly skilled users of our tools. This is a great opportunity for someone willing to come in and make an outsized contribution to our learning content and the business overall.
In this role, you’ll be primarily responsible for creating the product documentation and information that will enable customers to become self-sufficient with our product. Our customer base is vast and includes people with various roles, profiles, and technical backgrounds. Key to this role is the ability to transform complex technical information into easily understandable content.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Write clear, accurate, and concise documentation to educate and inform our customers on the features and functionality of all Lightspeed software and hardware.
- Manage the documentation backlog for all products, ensuring updates are written, reviewed, and published in coordination with product releases.
- Keep our internal teams and our customers informed of the latest features with our product release notes.
- Has a growth mindset, and knows what a growth mindset is.
- Be flexible and adaptable at all times as you go in and out of full independence and then into deep collaboration.
- Relish the opportunity to be an integral part of a team, but also like to roll your sleeves up and do the daily work of creating.
- Enjoy an agile workflow that helps balance long-term projects with immediate needs.
- Ability to think holistically, in a user-centric fashion, with a sharp eye for detail and consistency.
- Thoroughly believes that the devil is in the details and is confident they can get those details right.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, from concepts to deliverables.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Is able to deliver quality content under all circumstances, whether you have 5 months, 5 days, or 5 hours to accomplish the goal.
- Is technologically savvy and can understand sophisticated concepts with ease.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to adapt to different learning backgrounds and personalities
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Highly Desired- Experience delivering technical training on a complex SaaS product
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Writing sample(s) - either provide a link in your cover letter or you may email writing sample(s) to email@example.com.
- Assessment (takes 5-10 min to complete) - https://assess.predictiveindex.com/dqVMP
- Complete automated application questionnaire.